August 9, 2013

2013-07 First anime con experience: Advik

Advik is an anime con organized every june in the hottest part of the year whatsoever in a school. Kids are off to holidays and the school is loaned and transformed for a week into a con place. Now, I don't watch much anime at all, but I heard lolitas are going to be there too so I went to check it out! The article is long so I broke it into four parts: The Place, The Talks, My Outfits, and The People. The photos are terrible due to using a Garmin GPS inbuilt camera (lol!) and even worse when someone else took a picture for me.

The Place


Main feature of the whole weekend was unending heat and too many people, for me. It was over 30C outside, more inside as the schools here are not equipped by A/C. On the ground floor, there were a few stalls by the main entrance, and a huge paper pinned to a wall for people to doodle on (neat idea!)



The gym was used for the biggest of the talks, a lolita fashion show, and dancing lessons. Here it is occupied by a minecraft creeper.

 

On the first floor, there were console games in the hall. I hoped to try those out, but the handheld ones were constantly occupied and when I got to one of the Wii's I didn't even figure out how to make a game play. Since I was alone and the few strangers I asked just shrugged their shoulders, I let it be.



In the first floor's classrooms were the talks, as well as board game room and DDR room. I spent quite a time on the DDR, and I must admit that hopping is much harder than it looks like!

 

I looked forward to maid cafe. You didn't get a cake with picture but they got coffee, toasts and some snacks, along with a bookcase with mangas. It was the most quiet place of the school so I came there often to find solace in the quiet.



On the second floor was sleeping area looking like a refugee camp. Most people stayed overnight sleeping in sleeping bags sleeping in classes and halls of the second floor, but as schools arent really equipped for that, plus it wat tropically hot, the lines for showers were hours long, so I regretted even bringing brand along.

The Talks


I came to a few random talks. Most were just random people with hobbies talking about their anime related obscure knowledge. The biggest highlight of the whole con for me was the talk of a real Samurai!



He also held a workshop on sushi making (impossible to get in due to high demand, sadly) and sold rice with shredded egg and seaweed after the talk. I bought two servings, it was simply delicious. The rice I am used to is tasteless like a plastic bag, and about as chewy, but that rice he sold I could eat just dry like that, it was so good!


There was also a lolita fashion newbie talk, and a BDJ talk where we could also see the dolls in real life!



The gym held a lolita fashion show, but due to poor organizing it was late and hurried. Most of the lolitas came for the con only for the show and then redressed or left. The better half of the fashion show. A sailor outfit, Bodyline's skirt, awesome outfit (I think its BtSSB?) of Silvia from Ostrava, and a Honey Picnic dress by Metamorphose.



Dancing lessons divided into two parts in the gym were great opportunity to refresh my dances knowledge before the cons ball. I wore Angelic Pretty's  Dolce OP in pink and loved to twirl in it!


My outfits



I took my BtSSB tartan JSK for travelling. I badly bruised my knees prior to arrival (edited out on the other pictures). Mega pikachu! The guy mustve cooked himself alive in that summer heat though.. that is SOME dedication!


Angelic Pretty's Dolce OP. The confused me totally forgot about the detachable neck ties for the dress.  I saw a few lolitas through the con, but I was too shy to talk to them. At least I managed to ask this lolita in a blue Bodyline dress for a photo :3 We look so alike, but in different color! I also took a BtSSB cutsew op in cream for a nightwear, no photos for that but it was soo much more comfortable than my usual cotton pajamas :3

The People


There were a few hundreds of strangers, some of them dressed in an oddly manner, more often tacky than not. People usually went to grab food to the closest supermarket, I bet the public must've gotten good laughs from that. Well, not at the mornings.. the school was locked at night and they refused to open it before 9 am, which caused a lot of grumpy, hungry people missing morning talk.


People hanging out and chatting.


I have no idea who is he supposed to cosplay at but he was too cool to pass. 
He even offered me his arm, what a gentleman! 


               Left: if that was a lolita, she was the best dressed of all I've seen on Advik!
               Right: No idea. Sailor moon, maybe? I don't have a clue.


That girl in brown vest, I've seen those somewhere. I don't know the name but those guys 
are from some space anime and wear short green cloaks which remind me of hobbits?


Creepy people. Homestuck maybe? Definetly similar level of crazy.


                 Left: Deathnote! Too bad this blurry photo is the only one I have.
                 Right: No idea but it looks cool. Very cool.


More cool outfits I have no idea who are they supposed to be!


         Left: Rapunzel? Or maybe someone who lost a bet with his friends.
         Right: I admire the dedication to wear something like that when its over 30C in a shade.


Professional photo for the end! Hooray! It was one wild ride and I think I'll keep to tea parties.

1 comment:

  1. I never been i Maid Cafe, but if thik is beutiful place :D

    ReplyDelete